If you are a newcomer on Cryptalert, you may be a little lost between all types of alert.
Here we are going to explain each of them.
There are 2 pages where you can create alert :
1) https://cryptalert.com/alert : basic alerts
Here you can create 4 types of alert :
Price : alert on a specific price, for example :
- alert me if the price of Ripple goes over 0.0002 BTC on Bittrex
- alert me if the price of Ethereum drops below 600 $ on Kraken
Volume : alert on a specific volume, for example :
- alert me if the volume of Bitcoin goes over 1400 BTC on Bitstamp
- alert me if the volume of Litecoin drops below 300000 BTC on Bittrex
Price variation : alert on a price variation, for example :
- alert me if the price of Ripple increases by 8% on Bittrex on the BTC-XRP pair
- alert me if the price of Ethereum decreases by 5% on Poloniex on the BTC-ETH pair
Volume variation : alert on a volume variation, for example :
- alert me if the volume of Bitcoin increases by 8% on Bittrex on the USDT-BTC pair
- alert me if the price of NEO decreases by 5% on Bittrex on the BTC-NEO pair
Because variation alerts forced to have historical data there are only available on Bittrex and Poloniex at the moment. More exchanges will be available soon.
2) https://cryptalert.com/technical-analysis : Technical indicator alerts
Here you can create 2 types of alert, and these alerts are for more experienced traders. Each indicator alert can be created at 5 intervals: 15 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1 day and 1 week.
MACD alert :
The MACD (Moving Average Convergence/Divergence) is a trend indicator. You will receive an alert in 2 cases :
- when MACD Line of your coin drops below its signal line; it means that the trend is bearish.
- when MACD Line of your coin goes over its signal line; it means that the trend is bullish.
If you want to know more about the MACD indicator here is a great article : https://medium.com/stature-network/understanding-cryptocurrency-trading-signals-macd-in-300-words-b962bc100245
RSI alert :
The RSI (Relative Strength Index) is measured on a scale of 0-100 with an overbought coin between 70-100 and oversold coin between 0-30. You will receive an alert in 2 cases :
- when RSI of your coin goes over 70; it means that your coin is oversold.
- when RSI of your coin drops below 30; it means that your coin is overbought.
If you want to know more about the RSI indicator here is a great article : https://www.cryptocompare.com/exchanges/guides/how-to-trade-bitcoin-with-the-relative-strength-index/